Sunday, May 14, 2006

Welcome Big Bookstore Overlords!

d00ds. What took you so long? I've only been writing this thing since 2004. I'm totally chuffed to see that you finally found me. I don't know how you found me, but, HEY! Now, I don't really have to care! w00t!

Perhaps the fact that this is the first time I've ever seen hits from the Big Bookstore corporate servers is a sign that I did an excellent job of obfuscating your precise identity. And I'll continue to do so because I think, in the end, that the disgruntled bookseller experience is a universal one to which all big box bookstore employees can relate.

So pull up a chair. Read. Enjoy. If you've ever spent any time on the frontlines at Big Bookstore, I feel reasonably certain you'll find experiences to which you can relate as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger bookgrunt said...

No comments from the overlords? I was hoping that would tell us why they saddled what used to be one of the best stores in the company with a guy who has no bookstore experience. I thought maybe they could explain why he's running the qualified people off and keeping the new female hires who are cute but don't know what they're doing. Maybe they know the answer as to why it takes so long to fire a sleeping overnight shelver and an LP guy accused of inappropriate behavior to women. Maybe the could explain that "open door" policy that doesn't seem to exist anymore. (I guess if the door is open we would see how little is going on in there, besides the dancing.)

12:13 PM  
Blogger bookgrunt said...

The more I think about it the stupider I think he is. He should never have forced you out, db. He should have just kept reading the blog to get a clue as to what the booksellers were thinking. Now he'll never know how many of us think he's an idiot.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home