Friday, September 17, 2004

I'm a Smelly Hippie!

I was going to do a big, long rant about this conservative website where people in tinfoil hats are currently posting about how booksellers are conspiring to keep them from buying Unfit for Command. There are hundreds of posts on this site about bookstore employees. According to these nice conservatives, all bookstore employees are:

- dirty, smelly, hippie shitheads
- college or high school dropouts, who like to smoke dope before going to work
- smelly, emaciated dildoes (again with the "smelly")
- easily replaceable employees who can learn our jobs in half a day

and

- snotty (OK, I'll give them that one.)

So, in order to teach us a lesson, these nice, upstanding people are going to:

- wipe boogers in Michael Moore books
- vandalize the books of liberal authors with chewing gum to make them unsellable
- rearrange our displays to better reflect their tastes

Bottom line? These lovely people would like to tell us to just: "[Shut the fuck up] and give me my change you f'ing moron."

Like I said, I was going to do a big long rant, but fuck it. You can read the links and do your own rant. I have to go put on some patchouli and fire up a doob.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We wouldn't be snotty to them (maybe) if they weren't such assholes to begin with. I've never started something with a customer, but plenty have tried to start something with me.

ecban

8:46 AM  
Blogger ereshkigal said...

Well, yeah. And to be fair, being a complete asshole of a customer is really a non-partisan thing.

We (and by "we" I mean Big Bookstore Corp and other retailers) have created a huge sense of entitlement in the customer. They know that if they whine or complain loud enough about anything, we'll cave in no matter how unreasonable the demand - whether it be an unwarranted discount, an unacceptable return or the content of our displays.

Hmmmm. I feel a long rant coming on. Maybe I should blog this instead of just commenting.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home